Friday, February 11, 2011

Sketchbook Archeology

At times, the sketchbook felt live a privilege. At others, it felt like a chore. Looking through, I see I used a lot of graphite, charcoal, and paint marker. There was a time where I experimented with realism, and another where I experimented with cartoonism. Countless times I mixed both. Some abstract pictures are stories of my life, stories of other people's lives. I feel that the ability to experiment with various artistic elements in my sketchbook has been very beneficial to me as an artist, because it gave me a chance to recognize what I am most comfortable with and what elements I enjoy using.
Things that appear multiple times:

  • Dice
  • Numbers
  • Eyes
  • Smeared charcoal simulating wind
  • Drips
  • Circles
  • Trees
  • Mushroom clouds/explosions
  • Cubes
  • Text

No comments:

Post a Comment