Monday, September 26, 2011

Sketch + Sculpture

My sketch looks pretty similar to my sculpture. The lines in both are very precise. A main difference is that my sculpture has color, whereas my sketch is in black and white. Also, the sculpture is actually a better representation of the actual sculpture, as it gives depth which a sketch cannot. The sketch is also much thinner.

In addition, there are a few small details with which I took artistic liberties. Slices in the cardboard make for non-sharp angles, a feature which, in my opinion, adds character to the sculpture. The skis are more separated in the sculpture, as it is a replica of the original. I also left out a plaque as the bottom, which is too small to read. Overall, I think that the sketch was not necessarily helpful in my creation of the sculpture, as I looked at it, maybe, once before making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment