Monday, November 15, 2010

Glass Half Full Project

In this project, we were supposed to choose one general theme and reflect its good and bad attributes. I chose winter, because my feelings towards winter are very ambivalent. I love skiing, wrestling, snow fights and watching basketball, but I hate dirty snow and the gloominess that seems to take over Massachusetts. For the positive attribute, I portrayed a skier going off of a jump. I love skiing and the picture looks fun. In contrast, as the negative attribute, I have a pair of lonely footprints adjacent to a cold, icy road. I struggled making the road look gloomy rather than peaceful, since it was supposed to be a negative. Ms. Roberts helped me a lot by telling me to contrast one side of the road more by making it lighter. I think that by using white charcoal, I accomplished what I wanted in my picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment