Monday, September 20, 2010

Pour Paintings

For starters, I liked the base of my pour painting because it was simple, neat and involved virtually no pouring. I guess that was my downfall, because I had nothing to work with when I realized what the project was actually about. My paper had been stripped of creativity, but I was determined. I thought it looked like an birds-eye view of roads, or a map, so I drew dots to represent cars. Red splotches came to become car wrecks, drip starting points became rotaries. I felt pretty confident until I realized, "Something has to be causing all this chaos." That motivated me to draw a monster that had been eventually taken down by military efforts, but wreaking havoc in the meantime. Bad choice. Bad bad bad bad bad choice. After that had been added, it looked like a crappy doodle from third grade. I couldn't bear to look at it anymore, so I put it away. I really regret adding the military scene in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment